Meals are available and cooked on site. The cost of a meal from the Summer Term 2022 will be 2.60 per day (£13.00 per week). All lunches must be paid for in advance. A vegetarian option is available each day. A copy of the menu is available here
In addition, we offer a baked potato option and a picnic option in the summer term.
Special diets are also available for children who have diagnosed food allergies or medical needs. If this applies to your child you will need to complete a special diet registration on the HC3S website Special diet weblink
Please note that your child will not be able to order a school meal until their special menu has been approved.
Free School Meals
In order to be eligible, parents/guardians must be in receiving one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (Parents who are made redundant or start working less that 16 hours per week, may find their children are entitled to free meals for a limited period.)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- all Universal Credit claimants (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
If you would like to check your eligibility please use this link.
If you need any help in doing this, please contact the School Office.
If you send your child to School with a packed lunch, please make sure that it is in a suitable named container. Due to severe nut allergies within the School we ask that parents do not include nuts or products containing nuts in the packed lunch. In addition, we encourage healthy eating and therefore please support us in this by ensuring that your child does not have fizzy drinks, sweets or chocolates in their lunch box. Please click here for some healthy packed lunch ideas.
During morning break time children are able to bring in a healthy snack from home e.g. a piece of fruit. Children may bring a healthy snack with them for break time, which should be put in their bag and kept separate from their lunch box.