Situated on the edge of Farnborough, Cove Junior School was built in 1877. The school is fortunate enough to have kept many of its original Victorian features including some beautiful brickwork and its very distinctive windows.
However, we are a forward looking school and embrace new initiatives and look for ways to prepare our pupils for their ever changing futures.
We know that children need to feel happy, confident and secure in order to learn successfully, and we believe that they should be inspired and actively involved in their learning.
Our school motto, ‘Aiming High’ expresses our commitment to delivering high quality education that provides children with the skills they will need to live happy and fulfilling lives.
The ethos of the school is one of mutual respect, and children are supported in nurturing all their talents and valued as unique individuals. Positive, honest and supportive home-school relationships are essential to the fulfilment of this commitment. We look forward to working in partnership with parents and carers, and will ensure that they feel part of our school community and are involved in their children’s education.
We are immensely proud of the many achievements of all out pupils, past and present, and we are looking forward to the opportunities and successes of the future.
At Cove Junior School we will:
- Inspire our pupils to enjoy learning for life, in a stimulating and creative learning environment.
- Encourage high expectations, building on good relationships and shared goals to support and guide our pupils towards achieving their full potential.
- Provide a secure environment in which everyone feels valued, and is given an equal opportunity to flourish and succeed.
- Maintain a positive ethos which motivates pupils to succeed, and raises their confidence and self-esteem.
- Establish a culture of mutual respect and consideration, and encourage a sense of community.
- Help children to understand and value the wider world in which they live, to appreciate other cultures and to develop moral, social, and spiritual awareness.
The pupils were asked what our school motto, “Aiming High” means to them.
Here are just a few replies.
“I think it’s getting really good at your work … and everything else you do at school”
“I think it’s all about looking at the world around you and believing in yourself”
“It’s all about your education and your life, so you can be a doctor or an engineer”
“Persevering when anything in school is really hard. Trying when trying is difficult”